If you are studying nursing and need help with English, this class is for you. It will introduce the Canadian English Language Benchmark Assessment for Nurses and then each week help you to develop the skills needed to pass the exams in reading, writing, listening and speaking.
November 1: Introduction
- Nursing in Canada: Give a brief history of the Canadian Health Care System
- Becoming a nurse in Alberta : Identifying the 3 Nursing Regulator Association bodies in Alberta
- Accreditation Requirements for licensing and registration: Outlining the accreditation sequence of steps
- English Language Requirements: Introduction of (CELBAN) Canadian English Language Benchmark Assessment for Nurses
- Preparation for CELBAN Classes: Discuss what is CELBAN & why it is used by the nursing bodies in Canada? and discuss the format of the classes, and the materials to be used
- Institutional CELBAN: Optional, English Language Practice Exam for those clients who wish to have their exam readiness assessed . There is a separate cost attached to this assessment.
- November 8: Reading Skill Practice
- November 15: Writing Skill Practice
- November 22: Listening Skill Practice
- November 29: Speaking Skill Practice
Instructor: Marilyn McGreer
Location: St Albert Further Education office, #107, 80 McKenney Ave, St Albert
If class is sold out – Please email here to be placed on the Wait List.
Cancellations: St. Albert Further Education reserves the right to cancel any class. A full refund will be issued for all cancelled classes.
Withdrawals, Transfers & Refunds: To withdraw from a class for a refund: • More than 7 days notification – full refund • Less than 7 days notification – credit voucher less 25% After class begins – no refund or credit Refunds may take up to four weeks to process. Refunds will not be issued for non-attendance. Classes will not be canceled due to severe weather.
Please note: Times and locations are subject to change