History is where all the action happened and when the excitement began. Map out your ancestry and explore your family history in this research and writing course. You will be supported in using software to create an ancestry map and in writing the story (and stories!) of your family history.
- Mapping out family history
- Researching to find relatives
- Researching the social-historical context of family history
- Writing vignettes for family members
- Writing a family history narrative
- Creating a booklet
- Family Tree Builder from myheritage.com (free software)
- Microsoft Word or other image-friendly document creator that exports to PDF
Instructor: Priscilla McGreer, Graduate Student
Location: St Albert Further Education office, #107, 80 McKenney Ave, St Albert. Laptops provided or bring your own.